Pages

Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Kitty Cardi Colors




Now that I have the cardi picked out, its time to pick out the colors in which to knit the cardi.  To increase the odds of the cardi ever being worn, I'm going with the girls's favorite colors.  Karolyn's favorite color is a sunshine yellow.  Sydney's favorite is pink and Alana's favorite is purple. 

With the yarn stash totaling over 9 bins of yarn,  I was astonished to discover that I do not have a suitable sunshine yellow or a non-baby pink yarn in a fingering weight to knit up the Kitty Cardi.  The purple I happened to have.  To remedy the situation, I scoured the internet in search of the perfect shade of yellow and pink in the correct weight.  I looked at all of my favorite sites to no avail.   There simply was no sunshine yellow or pink to be had in the middle of November.  And with good reason,  who in their right mind is going to stock yellow and pink with winter approching?  The Loopey Ewe, that's who! 

With Benne's help, I should actually call her Momma Benne because she always knows what I need,  I was about to locate the correct shade of sunshine yellow and pink my two angels would love.  Benne steered me in the right direction and told me about the Loopy Ewe.  I was able to search by colors, a feature my go-to internet yarn shops seriously lacked.  In the end, I found what I was looking for and placed the order right then and there. 

No comments: