Pages

Monday, November 07, 2011

Now I'm Sick

Now that Karolyn is better, I'm sick.  Completely congested and unable to stop coughing.  Its times like these that I'm grateful that I live in an age where we have over the counter medications.  My current drug of choice is Theraflu.  Stuff works great, I'm somewhat uncongested and the coughing has decreased to a minimum which means that I'm not rendered completely useless. 

Mother Nature sure has thrown a monkey wrench in to the Christmas Knitting Plan.  Taking care of a sick child as well as being sick myself has definately caused the knitting to come to a halt. Or at least a very slow crawl.  So changes must be made to the Christmas Knitting Plan if everyone is going to receive their handknit gift. 

The original plan included designing a sweater for the girls.  I've done a fair amount of work on this: sketched out the sweater, determined what yarn to use, sketched out 3 separate yolk patterns, swatched one of the patterns and decided that I didn't like it, and re-sketched out another yolk pattern.  What I've not done is: re-swatch the new yolk pattern, do a gauge swatch,  crunch some numbers (aka determining how much to cast on and off as well as when and how many stitches to decrease so it will fit my angels), and knit the actual sweater.  As you can see, there is quite alot left to do before I can even cast on the sweater and with Christmas being less than 50 days away, I just don't see this project as one that will get completed in time.  Maybe for Valentines day?  Afterall, the design is loaded with hearts.



The new plan is to knit Kitty by Heirloom Stitches.  I saw the pattern when I was at Stitches South in Atlanta earlier this year and thought it would look just great on my little girls.  I bought the pattern and it has been sitting in the stash for a good 6 months waiting for me to add it to the Revised Christmas Knitting Plan. 

Revised Christmas Knitting Plan:

My family:
Ray: socks
Karolyn: Kitty Cardi
Sydney: Kitty Cardi

My sisters' family:
Mary (my sister): slippers
Alana (niece): Kitty Cardi 
Bryce (nephew): Pembroke Vest = complete
Jacqueline (niece): Clara Dressy = complete

My brother John's family:
Trenton (nephew): Pembroke Vest = complete





No comments: