Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

The Girl's Christmas Sweater

As I'm working on the Pembroke Vest for the boys my mind keeps wandering to what I'm going to design for the girls.  I know that I want to use Elann.com's Devon, a discontinued yarn of which I have a large amount.  I'm also thinking that the girls would love hearts on the Fair Isle Yolk portion of the sweater. 

I've been mulling over a design in my mind for awhile now and decided it was about time I get it out of my mind and onto paper.  

I came up with 3 variations of hearts and I just can't decide which one I'm going to knit up.

Heart Design #1

In Heart Design #1 I've stacked the hearts and added a bit of brown color in between the hearts.   I also included a little perrie design at the top and bottom of the hearts motif.

 Heart Design #2

For Heart Design #2, I staggered the hearts and the bit of brown color in between.  I think I like this one a bit better than Design #1, but I'm still undecided.

 Heart Design #3

For the final design, I removed the perries and replaced it a little scallop underneath the hearts.  I'm not exactly crazy about this because I think that there should be a bit more color in the scallop section however I'm not exactly sure where the color should go.  Any suggestions?

Please let me know what your favorite pattern is!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I like number 2! If I tried to knit those scallops, no way they'd all come out looking nice. :-)