Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Finished Pembroke Vest





The vest is finished and I could not be more pleased with the results.  The gamble I took with the gauge paid off.  The size is perfect!  However this was not always the case, about half way through the vest I was starting to sweat it because the width seemed to be a bit narrow.  The great thing about ribs and cables is that they tend to pull in during knitting and can be stretched out during the washing and drying process.  I pulled out one of Sydney's shirts and measured it up to the vest and it is perfect.  I also put it on Sydney and even thought she insists that its too big on her, it appears to be a perfect fit. I'm just hoping for pictures of a little boy in it with a pair of pants, long sleeve shirt and a cute tie.

Christmas gift count:  2 Christmas knitting gifts complete, 3 to go for the kids.  Ray told me that he really likes the wool socks I made him awhile back and would like another pair.  With that said, my list just got longer.  LOL  Additionally my sister mentioned awhile back that it would be nice if she had some slippers. 

So the count is now:

My family:
Ray: socks
Karolyn: personal design
Sydney: personal design

My sisters family:
  Mary (my sister): slippers
  Alana (niece): personal design
  Bryce (nephew): Pembrook Vest = complete
  Jacqueline (niece): Clara Dressy = complete

My brother John's family:
  Trenton (nephew): Pembrook Vest

That sure is a whole lotta red! 

3 comments:

Maxine said...

What a beautiful vest, Libby! I'm sure your nephew will look very handsome wearing it.

Maxine said...

"A whole lotta red", yes. But I know once your knitting needles kick into holiday mode, you'll have that list knocked out in no time at all!

Nice pictures. You have such a beautiful family. And they make great models too.

Unknown said...

MAXINE!!! Thanks for the cudos! Sorry I missed your phone call the other day. Miss you
Libby