Pages

Friday, October 07, 2011

The Pembroke Vest

Now that I have the Clara Dressy complete and out of the way,  I'm wasting absolutely no time getting started on the The Pembroke Vest.  I've printed off the pattern and its 7 pages long.  7 pages to tell me how to knit a vest for a toddler.  I don't have a pattern that is 7 pages long for an adult sweater. 

I'm still going with my original decision to knit the vest in Debbie Bliss's Cashmerino Aran.  The fiber content is 55% Merion wool, 33% Microfibre and 12% Cashmere.  The label even indicates that it is machine washable!  Can life get any better?



I've decided to skip the swatch process.  I know, I know, one never skips the swatching process. Especially if one wants their finished object to be the correct size.

Don't be like me.  Swatch, Swatch, Swatch.

With that said, I have used Debbie Bliss's Cashmerino Aran in a previous sweater and I got ball band gauge.  Does that count as doing a gauge?  I didn't think so either.

Either way, I'm diving right in and casting on 86 sts with my US5's.  Good God, wish me luck.  I sure hope that my bet pays off and it acutally fits.

*Keeping fingers crosses*

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Cashmerino is awesome! I've used it for a baby sweater so the mom could wash it, and it turned out great. At least if you get 2 inches in and realize it's not the right gague, it's only a toddler size, not 300 stitches around on a man's sweater.

Unknown said...

Jenny, This is true about the gauge. Additionally, if its a bit small, I can always block it out! Can't wait to see your next sewing project.