Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

Clara Dressy Kit

My kit for the Clara dressy arrived!  It includes the pattern and 2 skeins of Isager 2 yarn, a 50/50 blend of alpaca and wool with about 250 meters of yarn.  I chose the dusty lavender color and have no intention of using this lovely yarn for the dressy. 




I do however intend to use Elann.com's Callista because it is mommy friendly.  AKA Machine Washable.  This is huge for moms everywhere.  I remember once when Karolyn was a baby, about 6 months old, I made her a sweater out of non-machine washable alpaca.  I went about my daily routine of working 8 hours, coming home, preparing and cleaning up dinner, washing and changing the baby and starting the daily load of laundry.  The next day when removing the laundry from the drier, I discovered that I had machine washed and dried the hand knit baby alpaca sweater.  I thought that baby clothes were tiny to begin with until I saw my shrunken hand knit baby alpaca sweater.  I about cried.  It was at that moment that I vowed to make all baby items out of wonderful machine washable yarn.  I'm not about to go back on my vow, machine washable Callista it is!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very Beautiful!!!