Pages

Monday, October 03, 2011

The Clara Dressy

How cute is this?  I just can't get over it!  Totally adorable.  Too bad the pattern only comes in 2 sizes. Looks like I'll have to resize it if  I want it for my girls.  Goodness gracious what a fast knit this turned out to be!  The pattern is knit from the bottom up and starts out with seed stitch, which has great definition in cotton.  Then it transitions into the pattern followed by some plain knitting.  Once you get to the middle, you decrease half of your stitches and revisit your seed stitch for 10 rows before knitting the leaf patterned yolk.  Because this is knit in the round, when you cast off the garment is complete.  No sewing!  I love this feature! 

I did make one modification to the pattern and that was to add 2 inches in length to the dress section.  The pattern called for the length to be 9.5 inches for the size I was making and I felt that was a bit short.



One Christmas item complete, 4 to go. 

1 comment:

Elaine said...

This is very cute. I've been looking at it on Ravelry and deciding about it. It sounds easy. I take it you have enough yarn even though you lengthened it.