Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Christmas Knitting

It has occurred that we are currently in what I refer to as Prime Christmas Knitting Season.  As with all knitters, I too have people from all over placing orders of what it is that they want me to knit for them.  And every year someone gets disappointed as I just can't knit for everyone.  This year I have decided to limit the knitting for the kids only.  I have my 2 angels (Karolyn and Sydney), my sisters 3 angels (Alana, Bryce, and Jacqueline) and my brother's angel (Trenton) which comes to a grand total of 6 kids to knit for. 

I've decided to knit baby Jacqueline the Clara Dress by Karin Vestergaard Mathiesen.




Isn't this dressy just adorable? The pattern is only available in a kit and the yarn that comes with it is an alpaca/ wool blend.  I'm gonna swap out the yarn for a machine washable cotton blend that will not be destroyed when her mom does the laundry.  The kit is en-route as we speak!

For the boys, Trenton and Bryce, I've decided The Pembroke Vest is in order. 




It comes in several sizes and I'm gonna make 2 of size 4T out of some Debbie Bliss's Cashmerino Aran yarn I have left over from a previous sweater I made for myself.  This stuff is quite dreamy indeed.  I'm only hoping that the mom's don't destroy the adorable vest during the washing process. 

For the girls, I've decided to design them a cardi.  I'm still not sure if I want to add a hood or not but there is still time for that decision.  What I have in mind is a very simple yolk style fair isle cardigan.  It would be knit in the round and steeked,  I love steeking!  My cardi would feature a ribbed cabled band along the front edge with a sparkly zipper.  Us girls just love our bling!

This is the current plan and may or may not change as time progresses.  I am determined to have hand knits for all of the kids for Christmas!! Wish me luck!


2 comments:

Jenny said...

Ooooh I love little kid knits! Can't wait to see how these progress. You are much quicker than me. :-)

Unknown said...

Thanks Jenny! I'm hoping I'm able to get it all knitted in time.