Pages

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Libby's Blanket

So I was thinking that it sure has been awhile since I’ve made myself a big blanket and wouldn’t it be great if I got my bum in geer and made myself one?

To help stay on track, I came up with a timeline for what needed to be made and by when.

Jan: make 3 squares
Feb: make 3 squares
March: make 2 squares
April: make 3 squares
May: make 2 border strips
June: make 3 squares
July: make 2 squares
August: make 3 squares
Sept: make 3 squares
Oct: make 3 squares
Nov: make 2 border strips
Dec: Sew it all together

When its all said and done, I'll have made 25 12"x12" squares and 4 5' border strips. And when its all sewn up, it will be my blanket!

Now for the yarn. I've decided to go with Elann.com Peru Soft (now a discontinued yarn) because I have a crazy amount of it. Yes, Ann had a bag sale at an amazing price and lets just say that I have several bags. The other thing that is absolutely great about this yarn is that its a bulky wt, translating to very fast knit!

So if all goes accordingly to plan, I will have a blanket by the end of the year!

No comments: