Pages

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Blanket Square # 1

Determining what type of square to knit was alot harder than I thought it would be. The possibilities are endless afterall. There are cables, or texture, or lace, or cables with lace, slip-stitch patterns. Like I said, the possibilities are endless. So to keep my sanity I decided to limit it to texture squares.

Here I am, curled up on my couch going through the "Second Treasury of Knitting Patterns" by Barbara Walker, trying to decide on a texture stitch pattern. The book contains over 700 patterns so I'm bound to find something. Right? I flip on over to the "texture" section and again find an overwhelmingly amount of patterns. Left leaning texture, right leaning texture, texture with zigzags, texture with ribs. What part of this is going to help keep my sanity? Damnit woman, just pick a pattern and be done with it!



For the first square I chose the "Seeded Rib Pattern" located on page 7.

Seeded Rib Pattern

Multiple of 4 sts plus 3.

Row 1: K3, *p1, k3; rep from *
Row 2: K1, *p1, k3; rep from * end p1, k1

No comments: