Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Jacqueline Rose

Awhile back I just HAD to make Jarod Flood's Hemlock Ring Blanket. Have you ever had that? Come across a pattern that was just itching to be knit? Well this was it for me. I had absolutely no idea what I was gonna do with it or what yarn I was gonna use. Not that I have a shortage of yarn. Trust me on this. Jarod's is knit in a wool but after stash diving, I was not willing to bust up some wool lots for this blanket that I had no idea what was to become of it. Eventually I decided upon some cotton. A chunky pink cotton that had been hibernating for some time and needed to see some action!



In no time at all 6 balls of yarn magically became a blanket. A rather small blanket at that. To say the least, I was feeling rather gyped. Definately not feeling the Jarod love at all. I mean, his pictures imply a blanket that one can snuggle under during a cold day. Yea, so maybe I didn't exactly use his yarn or make his gauge...(alright point taken) but still. Just sayin'. What in the hell am I gonna do with a rather large pink cotton doily?

Then my sister made the announcement that only a person with a rather large pink cotton doily wants to hear.

"I'm pregnant"

God almighty, let it be a girl, please let it be a girl....

"It's a girl"

One could have heard the sigh of relief from Tenbucktoo. At that moment, I knew exactly what was to become of my oversized baby pink cotton doily. It was destined to be Jacqueline Roses' blankie.

No comments: