Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Fall Fun!

This last weekend we had a GREAT time picking up leaves. Now I realize that not everyone views cleaning up the leaves as fun but we are not everyone. We have two little girls that make a game out of everything.

I told them that we were going outside to pick up the leaves and I'm sure they hear we were going outside to play in the leaves. Cuz that is exactly what happened. And I don't think that I have had more fun picking up leaves than last weekend.

We are blessed with 2 silver maple trees in our back yard and the amount of leaves those two treas produce is outstanding. Crazy ton amount actually.



I go to the garage and find the rake, which was an undertaking in and of itself, then I found the package of yard waste bags DH bought. I figured I would start with the driveway and set to work raking up the leaves. Within a couple of strokes of the rake I had amassed quite the pile of leaves. I get the yard waste bag turning my back to the little rascals for a minuscule of a second. When I return my beautiful pile of leaves is re-scattered all over the place with Karolyn exclaiming we are having a party and throwing the leaves up in the air. Of course Sydney couldn't be out done by her sister so she joined in the fun!



The first thought that popped in my head was "I JUST raked that up" and then I thought "well fuck it, they aren't screaming or fighting or hurt, they are just having fun." That's when I joined in! Good God I forgot how much fun it was to just play in the leaves!



I did manage to get some of the leaves in the bags. Sydney figured she would help out a bit while Karolyn was off still having her party.



When it was all said and done I managed to clear off the driveway and some of the back yard (but not much). I also used all of the yard waste bags we had.



After it was all said and done we went inside and warmed up with tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.

4 comments:

LisaW. said...

big smile ;) good on you for having the leafy good times too. thanks for sharing. cant believe how big they're getting.

smariek said...

Crunch. Crunch. Crunch. They just love stomping on leaves. It's so much fun. M tries to help with the leaves. She wants to hold her own tool (rake or broom), and she will sweep/swing the thing from side to side left/right and disperse any pile of leaves I had raked up.

I hope they're as willing to help out in another decade. :-)

Joan said...

Heck, send those 2 to VT for a long weekend and I'll keep them waist high in leaves to clean up. ;-p

How'd you get K to look exactly like you?

Unknown said...

Joan, we get that alot! K does look like me and Syd takes after her dad.