Pages

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Toying Around

One of the people that I'm completely enamored with is Svetlana. The woman is simply amazing. She finds pictures of stylish tops, skirts, dresses. Then she picks out the right yarn for the project and just knits it up. There is absolutely no pattern involved, everything is of her own creation and all in her head. Like I said, she is amazing.

So here I am without a project to work on. OK let me re-phrase that, I don't have a project that I WANT to work on there are plenty of UFO's in the basket and they will get done in due time. So the question is "What would Svetlana do?"

I imagine the first thing she would do is find a picture of the latest fashion. This is something that I'm not gonna do as I know what it is that I want to knit. A tank top for the summer.

Next she would pick out the yarn. Well I went stash diving and found the perfect yarn. Schachenmayr Toy in a blue/ green colorway that is cotton and acrylic blended to make the perfect summer yarn. I have 10 balls of the stuff which should be enough for a summer tank top.



I did a swatch using the recommended needle size and got 4 stitches to the inch. I applied that to my body measurements and figured out how many stitches I needed (I'm not gonna tell you that cuz I'm in denial). Next I casted on, joined in the round and started on the 2x2 ribbing.

Until next time, happy knitting.

No comments: