Pages

Monday, March 24, 2008

Communication

I'm in the market for a digital camcorder that also doubles as a camera and an MP3 player. It must be small enough to carry in my purse at all times. And it has to be cute (us girls need cute camcorders). I understand that this is a tall order but I know that they make them as there are several on overstock.com. So I look at the picture and then how much it costs and what everyone thinks of it and then head over to Circuit City.

I'm hanging out in the camcorder department with DH and 2 kids for about 15 minutes before the pimply faced sales kid (PFSK) moseys on over.

PFSK: "Is there something I can help you with?"

Me: "Yes, Do you have the box that this camcorder comes in so I can read all of the details."

PFSK: "Maybe I can help with that, What are you going to use it for?"

Me: "I would just like to see the box please" Now I'm getting annoyed.

"uuummmm, mam, if I knew what you were going to use it for I could print off the specs for you."


What part of "I just want to see the box" did this kid not understand? I thought I was communicating rather effectively. Even my husband understood what it was that I wanted. He also knew that I was getting annoyed and had that LookOutManSheIsGettingThatLook on his face.

As it turns out they didn't have any of the camcorders that I was interrested in, in stock.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is exactly why I do 95% of my shopping on the internet. When I am in a store, it gets to a point where I simply can't fake being friendly any longer.

smariek said...

I do most of my research for specs and comparisons online. I know what *I* want and can find something with most of the features I'd like to have in a sweet spot price. And I like knowing exactly what I'm getting without relying on the salesperson's memory (for all the fine details, that is).

My father-in-law, on the other hand, seems to have better success asking questions in store. I never could understand that. It doesn't work for me.