Pages

Friday, December 28, 2007

Continental Knitting

It was requested that I make a video of myself knitting. Not wanting to be one to dissapoint my audience, I got to thinking on how I can make this possible.

How, I asked myself, am I going to record myself knitting, get it into a digital format and then upload it to the internet?

I do have a camcorder. However the device is ancient and records on a VHS tape. And while this is fine and good for recording birthday parties, its not gonna cut it here. I have no way of getting the video in a digital format that the computer likes, so this is out of the question.

I also have a webcam that was a Christmas pressent last year. Do we use it? Not really, but it sure is fun when we do.

This got me to thinking. If its possible to share live video coverage of myself over the internet, then I should be able to record a video. So I reviewed the owners manual and sure enough it is possible.

I fed and bathed the kids, kissed them good night and sent them to bed. Then I got out the webcam, some knitting, and made a video. Afterwards, I had DH help me with the video editing.

So here you have it, a video on how to knit Continentally!


8 comments:

smariek said...

Very cool! It's so nice to see you and hear your voice. Thanks for the video, I can see that Continental can be much faster. I haven't gotten comfortable with it, but I do hold my yarn that way when I'm knitting with 2 colors. I'm still learning to evenly feed the yarn with my left hand, I seem to have to readjust every few stitches.

LisaW. said...

yay! go libby! you knit EXACTLY the same way i do! EXACTLY! and your rhyme is the same as mine ( except i say in thru the front door, run around the back, then in thru the window and off jumps jack...) course' some of my former patients made other ...ahem..rhymes that worked as well! you made me homesick for michigan!

Jeanne said...

Hi Libby,

Thanks for the video. I hope to knit like you one day! In the mean time, I keep trying!! Have a great new year. (if you didn't hear, we are meeting at Congo in Mt. Clemens on Thursdays!)

Jeanne
(Galley Knitting)

toeknee said...

libby, join us thursday at conga coffee shop in mt clemons. its the same gang as thursday at the library. love reading your blog.
toeknee

toeknee said...

libby, we are knitting at conga coffee shop in mt. clemons every thursday please join us. make sure you come this thursday from 6-9. i love your continental knitting vido.t

Jenny said...

Where are you?? I want to see that top you are working on! Thanks for the video. I've started trying Continental style. It definitely seems more efficient, but I just haven't gotten the rhythm yet.

Unknown said...

I totally want to join you guys at the Conga shop but I have no idea where it is. I searched for it online but couldnt find it. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!! Please let me know how to get there and I"m soooooo there. I miss you guys.

Libby

Anonymous said...

Hi Libby,

The coffee shop is on main street in mt clemens, right across the street from the court house. please come. we are there every thursday 6-9 we miss you libby

jeanne