Pages

Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Loot

Once a year the girls from the chat site exchange gifts. The only rule is that everything has to be hand made. This in and of itself brings on a whole new set of insecurities. Will mine be good enough to give as a gift? Will people like my creation? Did someone already make it? As you can see, one can get quite the complex before even signing up.

This year I made lavender and lilac scented soap and body scrub. Not the melt and pour kind. I consider that to be cheating and besides, I like putting my college education to good use. I paid a lot of money for that little piece of paper!


The excitement, the anticipation when I arrived at home to find a little white box on my doorstep. Knowing that I can't open it until after the chores are done. For if they are not, I will be bombarded with screaming kids hungry for their dinner. Following dinner is cleanup and then baths and then stories and then bed time. An entire 3 hours slide by and still an unopened white box beacons. It is usually a good thing that this is the natural progression of events because I know that I will want to play with my treasures once opened.

This year was fantastic. I got:

1. A great bath mitt and washcloth set
2. Another washcloth
3. A heart shaped shawl pin
4. A rose quartz bracelet
5. Sewing scissors with a beautiful beaded hand holder
6. A furry roving sheep that I'm gonna turn into a frig magnet
7. A set of beaded votive candles
8. Some stitch markers (not pictured because I have already started using them)
9. Orange scented fireplace sachets, and
10. A felted blue and yellow bag that had some body wash from the Body Shop inside.


Thanks everyone! Everything here is staying with me!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! Glad you liked your bracelet.

LisaW. said...

i'm glad you didn't think the votives were too stoopid ;0
love the soap (and i hope you wore your safety goggles making it missy!)

LisaW. said...

i'm glad you didn't think the votives were too stoopid ;0
love the soap (and i hope you wore your safety goggles making it missy!)

smariek said...

Looks like a great haul!

Jennifer said...

Hope you and your family have a safe and wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year. Happy Knitting 2008!