Pages

Friday, November 23, 2007

Snowflakes

I'm hoping that everyone had a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving. My family and I went to visit my cousin and her family across town. Can you even believe that it was snowing over there? A good 1 inch was on the ground and it had not yet melted! WOW...... I'm so incredibly excited about this.

I have had snow and snowflakes on the brain for awhile now and came up with a new design.



The hat looks harder to make than it really is. The main color is a cream wool while the contrasting color is simply a variegated yarn of the same weight. I used Elann.com Highland Wool for the cream and some birthday yarn from Betsy for the snowflakes. What was my birthday yarn you ask? Cherry Tree Hill possum blend yarn. I felt pretty special when I opened that up! I still have some left overs and I want to make some matching mittens but have not gotten around to it yet. Can you hardly even stand it? A classic intricate look for no work? I'm loving it!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

VERY Nice!!! Looks terrific, Libster!
Will it be yours or a gift?
Bets

Unknown said...

It all mine!

Anonymous said...

Libs,
I can't hardly stand it. I love it and the combo of yarns.
Bri

smariek said...

Great hat! And I love the CTH you used.

sk said...

You are a talented designer. Love your hat, looks warm,too.

Anonymous said...

Libby, I LOVE that hat! Thanks for the pattern!