Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Gettin' Screwed

It all started yesterday afternoon when I couldn't find my knitting needle. You know, my #7 Options needle? The one that DH got me for my birthday last year? The one that I need to do the FI portion of my moms sweater (which is looking good btw). Yep that's the one..... gone. Poof.

Not in the 3 KIP bags or the knitting basket or the other knitting basket or the knitting bag. Believe me, I checked and re-checked while holding a screaming kid. I COULD break down and use my Addi #7 but that would be drastic. Lets not bring drama into this OK?

This morning I stepped on the scale. Up 1/2 a pound. Figures. I should mention that I'm doing WW again. I mean, really doing it, counting points and everything. Drinking water. Eating ALL my fruits and veggies. Even got on the treadmill yesterday.

So when I went to check my email, after I stepped on the scale, it should have come as no surprise that the laptop I thought was a legit auction turns out to be a scam. I contacted Ebay as well as Paypal. Tomorrow I'm contacting the police dept from where the scamers live.

Now I can usually handle things like this. I can handle a lost needle. It happens and they eventually turn up. And I can handle a half a pound. Obviously. And I can handle getting scammed out of $700. OK EVENTUALLY I can. But handle all 3 AT THE SAME TIME?!?!?!?!

Tomorrow had better be good that's all I gotta say and thanks for letting me vent.

1 comment:

Robin said...

ohhh that is awful; I hope you can get your money back somehow...