Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Ultimate Compliment

A while back Marie left a comment on my blog saying that she found a picture of my hat on someone else's blog. This of course excited me to no end as I just love seeing other's interpretation of my designs.

Immediately I cruised on over to the site to check it out. Turns out that this knitter is German and her entire blog is in German so I couldn't read a thing that she said, just stare at the picture. Then I Googled her site and sure enough it was my lucky day, directly next to the link to her site was a translator provided by Google. Naturally I clicked on it and magically what I could not read a minute before was transformed to words that made since to me.


She said she made it as a chemo cap and it was relatively easy to execute. I'm extactic that it turned out so great for her and that whomever the recipient is will have a warm head to make her life a bit easier. Thanks Christiane, your hat turned out great!

5 comments:

Les said...

Isn't that cool! The power of the internet has your hat being made as a chemo cap half way around the world!
Big smile!
Les

Anonymous said...

I'll make your hat, Libby, this winter. How are you doing? Love the little sweater - it is so cute!

Jennifer said...

Wow! That is so cool about the hat pattern. The internet make the world seem so small... that is that we can link up with each other from such far distances. Take care and Happy KNITTINT!

junior_goddess said...

Yay! I am proud of you! Garmisch can go to Garmisch now!

smariek said...

I still have to knit your hat! The whole chart thing intimidates me though, although one advantage is that all rows are read as RS or "read as-is" which helps. I have trouble with the counter-intuitive (to me) WS chart rows. I'd probably "cheat" and translate it to row-by-row instructions first, lol.