Pages

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Priscilla

There is always a time in a knitters life when all they need is an easy knit. A knit that you don't have to think of what your next move is. A knit that all you have to do is follow the pattern. And hopefully that pattern is well written.

I found all of these elements present in Priscilla. The pattern is in Berroco book #223. This book is wonderful. It shows how one can take the same identical pattern, switch yarns, adjust the gauge (if needed), and have a completely different top! All of the tops are quite easy and I'm planning on making more of them in the future.

As luck would have it, Berroco Echo was on sale at Herrschners a while back and I picked some up. To be completely honest, I actually bought the yarn for this pattern and then followed through with the the plan. This is monumental because I normally never use the yarn the pattern calls for as it usually costs the GNP of small countries.

I made the L sized top and I think it will fit. I did try it on but the belly got in the way and everything is out of proportion so I'm not sure if it looks good on me or not. I have hope as the top part actually fit! The belly part, on the other hand is a different story altogether. I'm excited as I now have a cute and soft summer top to wear.

Now for the specs. I used 7 balls of yarn and knit it on Options US10.5 needles.

4 comments:

junior_goddess said...

Dahling, it looks mahvelous! What did you think about the Echo?

Unknown said...

I really love the Echo! It is a quick easy fun knit. While the yarn does pool and I know that you abhor that, I actually like the way that it pools. I normally dont like the pooling either but this is not bad at all.

Anonymous said...

The top is lovely! I always like hearing about great patterns which are well written. And you tell BF Jr to take a nap!

benne said...

Libby, I really like that top! Very smart of you to knit something for later in the summer when you might not have time to make yourself a pretty top.