Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Getting Into Shape


Is been a year since the last Knitting Olympics and I think that its time that we start getting into shape for the next one. The next Winter Olympics according to the site I found will be in Vancouver in 2010. I'm choosing the Winter Olympics, as opposed to the summer olympics, because the first Knitting Olympics took place during the Winter Olympics. I would hate to break tradition after all. This time the games will be held for 17 days which, if memory serves correctly, is a couple days longer than the last Winter Olympics.

Here is what I'm proposing. Get your oldest WIP and finish it in 17 days. For me, this is the Fair Isle. I completely understand that it is already started and mostly complete. However this is just for getting into shape purposes and I have to work up to starting and finishing an object in 17 days. I figure I may as well start here.

I'm starting the timer on June 18 and ending on July 5.

Wish me luck.

3 comments:

LisaW. said...

Ooohhh what a great idea! deadlines work for me...so if'n you don't mind I'll join you and pull out a couple of UFOs..(those that survived the frogkreig a couple weeks ago)...so we start June 18...okay, i'm in!

Unknown said...

Sounds great Lisa!!! I'm really excited. I know that I'm about 80% done but I have a bunch of steeking to do on this one. And its ALL colorwork.

smariek said...

I think I'll join you, since I just discovered that I need a baby gift by July 22, and I happen to have started one back in Dec 2005(!) which would do if I could ever finish it. Several babies have come and gone since I started the blanket, lol. So 17 days would put me at a finish date of June 6. Eeks! I better hop to it...