Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Michigan Scuba Treasure Shipwreck Diving

Ray and his dive buddies went diving again up at Marine City, Michigan. They found this wreck, which they are calling "The Jefferson St. Wreck," on a drift dive last year and are now checking it out. This year Ray got a side scan sonar that he can hang over the edge of the boat and take pictures of the bottom of the river. Well he found not only this wreck but another wreck about 50 feet away! How cool is that?



Rick, the bald guy with the camera, did a fantastic job of capturing the excitement of the day. In the video, "Tiny Bubbles" is our boat and DH is the guy getting it all together and situated before they take off!


Now lets talk about the loot. He found a small fishing weight for down riggers, some triangle things, and a small bottle. The bottle he brought home for me!

5 comments:

Suzann said...

Great video. Rick looks like Bruce Willis, cute. Do you also dive, Libby? I use to dive when we lived in California. But after the princess arrived my diving career came to an end.
See he was thinking of you :-)

Unknown said...

Suzann,

I do but I havn't been diving much since Karolyn came along and now that we have another baby on the way I dont think I'll be in the water until next year.

Libby

Joan said...

You know, I found a bunch of bottles exactly like yours under my front porch when the floor was replaced. They must be there from when the porch was built, circs 1925. What do you suppose was in them? I love old bottles.

Anonymous said...

...Rick, the bald guy with the camera...?

Thanks. I am Rick...the bald guy :)

I appreciate the weblink for our video, but can we change bald guy to follically challenged?

Kidding,
Luv
Bruce Willis
aka
Rick Saterstad

tbird said...

I found this same type bottle without the stopper in it on the beach in Alpena ,MI . Cool