Pages

Friday, May 25, 2007

John and Nikki

Dear John,

Growing up, you were pretty much always a pain in my ass. You were always tagging along. Mary and Mike didn't want to play with you, mostly because they were so close in age, so we were pretty much stuck together. Not that I minded most of the time but at other times, like when I started getting boyfriends, you figured out how to irritate the living daylights out of me. Now I understand this was for attention so I forgive you.


Of course there was the time when you decided to jump into the water and didn't know how to swim and I had to jump in after you to make sure you were OK. And you were always there to tell me when I was being a bitch. Of course I probably was being pretty moody but I do love your honesty.

When we got to be old enough to go to the movies, we went together and laughed out loud without a care in the world.


I could tell you anything and knew that you would not betray my confidences.

When you joined the Air Force a month before the attacks on the World Trade Centers I worried like crazy. When you volunteered to go to the UAE 6 months after the attacks, I worried even more.


I had a wonderful time that Christmas you came to visit me and my new baby. I had an even better time when you brought Nikki over for me to meet. I knew right then and there that she was the one for you.


When you announced your engagement, I was thrilled.

When you got married I was extactic.


Congratulations on your marriage!

Love,

Libby

3 comments:

CatBookMom said...

What a lovely post. You and your brother and now your new SIL have so much love between you. I send blessings to your brother and his new wife for a long and happy and healthy marriage.

benne said...

Libs, aren't best friend brothers grand? It's wonderful that you now have a new sister too. Your post made me smile with happiness for you and your family. Best wishes to your brother and his bride for a long, happy life together.

junior_goddess said...

So Vogelweh yes or no? ;-) Nice post.