Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Stash Enhancement

In case you have not noticed, the yarn diet is not going so well. I have enhanced the stash by 5 times the amount that I have knitted. I'm glad that I don't gain weight at this rate. Could you imagine?

I took a peek at the "How Large Is Your Stash" poll on the side bar and noticed that the overwhelming majority has several 20 gallon tubs full of yarn. I too have several 20 gallon tubs full of yarn and I could probably fill up a couple more so the snacking I partook in today really doesn't count much. Besides it was all under $2 a ball and how can anyone refuse that? Its cheaper than Red Heart for the love of God.

Wanna know what I got? OK I'll tell ya, stop twisting my arm. Herrscheners sent me the lovely "weekly sale" email and I fell hard. I only got snacking amounts and its for my girls so does it really count? I think not.

I picked up some Berroco Lullaby in a pale purple. Enough for matching sweaters for the girls. I also got some Berroco Hush in two different colors. Enough for a hat and scarf set for each of the girls.

Other news:

The travel arrangements to go the Grandma's funeral have all been made. Plane tickets, car, and hotel. I'm putting DH in charge of the dog sitter.

I went shopping for suitable clothes for me so I don't look like a monumentally sized pregnant ragga-muffin and spent last night hemming up my pants.

I still need to get snacks for the plane and dressy shoes for Karolyn. DH is all taken care of and his suit fits him perfectly!!!

Tonight I have to finish the laundry and work on cleaning the house so I have a clean house to come home to.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your post comes on a day when I have been wrestling with making a serious WEBS sale purchase. I've been very well behaved in 2007, and my stash has not entered 20 gallon territory. My theory is that as long as you are staying put and you like the yarn you are buying, then, well, buy up. You are very right; it's not like red heart is any cheaper.

Have a safe trip. XO bri

jayne said...

I like hearing you say "my girls." Sounds good.

DH's blog is waaaaay over my head. I do like the dryer though. I have a programmer friend who was very enthralled with it. Something for everyone I guess.

Safe trip out to see your family for the funeral.

Anonymous said...

Libs, stash enhancement for you means little garments for "your girls." You'll use it all and soon. :-}

I'll be thinking about you and your family over the weekend. It's always hard to say goodbye to someone you love who has always been a big part of your life.

Hugs.

Grace said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you Libby and your precious family!

smariek said...

Have a safe trip and enjoy your time with family.

Hmm... you have me a great idea here. 20 gallon tubs instead of 12 gallon tubs. Does that mean I could claim having "less" stash if there is a lower number of tubs? ;-)

Joan said...

LOL on stash enhancement. Makes it sound so positive. But you are a prolific knitter with kiddie motivation & it will all go to great use!
My best to Grandma at her farewell.

jayne said...

Welcome back! Hope the trip went well. Want to hear about it.

Take care,
J