Pages

Friday, April 27, 2007

Many Thanks

I want to thank everyone for their sympathies. It meant alot to me. The trip to Idaho was wonderful and sad all at the same time. Wonderful because I hardly ever get to see my family and sad because of the circumstances. My brothers and I picked on each other as if no time had passed between seeing them. Karolyn got to spend time with her "papa" and "gramma." Papa took Karolyn for a walk in the back yard where they picked grass. I heard it was fun. What was I doing you ask? Playing a good ol' fashion game of Risk with my brothers and Ray. I was in the process of taking over Asia. Ray was putting a damper on that as he had possession of Siam and was not giving it up. John, my baby brother that is getting married next month, had complete sole possession of North AND South America. Michael, my CSI LV (I'm not even making that up) brother, was trying to maintain control of Europe but kept having this little debacle over Iceland and Greenland with John. We ended up having to call a truce because it was 12:30 am and the plane left the next day. It was wonderful!

I am proud to say that we were not "those" parents on the airplane! You all know what I'm talking about. The parents with the screaming kid that kicks the back of your seat and will just not stop for the life it. Now while my little angel did get fussy at times, she did her colors and read books and ate for the duration of the flights. Even the flight attendants commented on what a good baby she was. Music to momma's ears!

I did manage to get some knitting done. I'll give you some sneak peeks.


Yes this is the baby blanket. All of the flying geese borders have been hand sewn in place. I then added corner sections and picked up stitches all the way around the perimeter of the blankie. Gartered that up a bit until I thought it looked good and then added an applied i-cord for the bind off.



I'll be done soon so you will see her in all her glory then. I'm not gonna spoil it early!

Questions Answered

Marie brings up an excellent point. She commented:

Hmm... you have me a great idea here. 20 gallon tubs instead of 12 gallon tubs. Does that mean I could claim having "less" stash if there is a lower number of tubs? ;-)

After careful thought and consideration I have to agree that this is exactly how it works. Less tubs means less stash. Right? I'm soooooo glad that you all agree with me on this one because this is what came in the mail this week.



10 ball of this stuff is a gift from my fairy yarn mommy. Its a merino/ acrylic blend that is wonderfully soft and just as warm. And you want to know the best part? It's machine washable!!! The girls are gonna have matching cardigans!



And this big box is my great deal from Herrschners! Berroco Hush and Lullaby! Enough for matching sweaters and hats! I'm soooo excited about this.

Thank you again for all of your prayers and concerns for my family! I greatly appreciate it.

8 comments:

karenthecomputerwife said...

Hi Libby, thanks for commenting on my little blog. It means a lot to a newbie like me! I loved reading about your memories of your grandmother. I am so glad you were able to make it to her funeral. Good luck with the new baby!

Having a Knit Fitt said...

I am so looking forward to the completed baby blanket! And you deserve to be proud of Karolyn being a good girl on the airplane.
Cate

smariek said...

Sounds like a good trip despite the circumstances. Looking forward to seeing more of the blanket when it's finished. About fussy kids in public... I feel sympathetic about it so it doesn't bother me much; must be a side effect of having a little one. :-) But you should be so proud!! :-) :-) :-)

LisaW. said...

glad you made it back safely and shared some wonderful times with your family. your blanket looks so beautiful i can't wait to see it finished. great looking stash enhancements! and a Good Job! to your little one for her excellent coping with a long and boring flight. (ya wanna join the KAL?) not like your'e not busy with other more er pressing knitting)

jayne said...

So glad the trip went well. I can't wait to see the blankie!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that you are back and the trip went well. Looks like with all that yarn, you've got a lot of knitting to do! bri

Anonymous said...

Oh, Libby, sorry I am so late at catching up - my belated condolences and prayers. Your tribute to your Grandmother was beautiful, she has to be smiling about it...
Looking forward to pics of the blankie!

Marta

smariek said...

Hey Libby, guess what I stumbled upon! Your Garmisch Hat! :-)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26767370@N00/446044746/in/set-72157594283678520/