Pages

Friday, March 30, 2007

Knitting Buddies!

I MET TRISH!!!!! I'm sooooo incredibly excited I can hardly contain myself!



Trish is a regular at the chat site and lives about an hour from me. With her hectic schedule, she still drove all the way across town to meet up with me and knit with the St. Clair Shores knitters.



The St. Clair Shores knitters meet up at the The Galley, a cafe attached to the St. Clair Shores Library, every Thursday night. Along the back wall a local artist is featured. It is rumored that the waiting list to get on the famous wall is 2 years.



Each week, the fiber artists meet up and have ourselves a great time. There are the knitters and crocheters and spinners. One lady even weaves baskets.



There are young knitters and old knitters, beginning knitters and knitters who have knitted their entire lives, knitters that love the fun yarns and those that stick to the classics.

We ate. We talked. We knitted. We pretty much had a great time. I'm looking forward to driving to her side of town to check out the knitting action over there!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Libs, that's just great! You two look like you're having fun. That's quite a knitting group going on up there. I like the setting too. Dang it girl, I wish I could have been there with you two. :-}

Grace said...

Oh thats so nice you got to meet---one of these days I hope to meet up with T since she is probably less then an hour from me! Your knitting group sounds delightful too

Anonymous said...

Libby, I had so much fun! It was great meeting you, and you look wonderful! I have never met such a nice group of woman before. Everyone was so friendly, and I really miss the east side! I'll have to visit more, but please come to our Ann Arbor group, when you can.

junior_goddess said...

YAY! Fun fun!

B

Anonymous said...

You two look very happy! We all would like to meet more far flung knitters, so it's great that you two got together. Libby, when's that new baby due? My DD is expecting at the end of June! so just want to compare your arrival dates!
Happpy knitting.

CatBookMom said...

More info about your chat with Trish, please?? You both look like you had a great time, and I'm glad more of the Elannites are face-to-face friends!

jayne said...

Lucky lucky lucky!!

Having a Knit Fitt said...

Oh what fun! The meet up and the meeting.
Cate