Pages

Friday, March 23, 2007

Fingerpaints

Tonight was fun filled! It all started when Karolyn and I had ourselves an adventure at JoAnn's.

Originally we went to see if they had any patterns for bassinet covers and sheets.

After dinner we head off to the store and immediately found the pattern I wanted. Then we found the thread isle and then yarn isle and before I knew it I was smack dab in the middle of the fingerpaint isle. Fingerpaints sure have changed alot from when I was a kid. They have special paper and all these cool colors, and glitter paints, and paint pens, and all sorts of fun stuff. So I just HAD to get in on some of this action!



As soon as Karolyn and I got home we tore into that stuff like the dog devours a good steak!



She's telling me to "open" and "help" and I'm opening up the paint jars and getting the paper out and she's getting her little hands all over and around and in that wonderful gooey paint! We had a blast!



3 masterpieces were created tonight before she was tired and needed to get her beauty rest!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have an artist in residence! What fun, but what a brave mama you are - no liner on the table!

CatBookMom said...

What fun!!

jayne said...

I like that slippery glossy paper they have for the job now. Way better than the soggy stuff. My kids both loved doing this.

Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Aw, Libby, what fun! I still have the fingerpainting pictures my girls made. K is really growing up, enjoy these special times with her.

Having a Knit Fitt said...

Oh my, it makes me want to get some fingerpaint for myself.
Cate

LisaW. said...

I could almost smell the singular fragrance of the fingerpaints. How much fun that must have been. You are makin some great memories! Didja make some potato stamps to use with the paints too?

Joan said...

There's a good reason I am not a mama...if I saw my kid with all those open jars of paint, I'd need the vapors. LOL.