Pages

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Pot of Gold

Today I went to Chelsea Michigan to the Spinners Fest. There was a ton of roving and would make any spinner salivate. I saw some ladies from Thursday Knit Night and they were trying to talk me into spinning. I have to admit, I almost went for it and then remembered the size of my home and we absolutly DO NOT have room for a wheel plus the roving stash I would eventually accumulate. I did find some yarn, some buttons and a book.

Now I know that I'm spending a lot of time with Katrina. And I'm almost done with her, and I know that there is more Katrina that does in fact deserve my attention. But there has been alot of talk about miters lately and I'm not really all that interrested in making a bunch of squares.

Then the stash was calling. "Libby, Libby remember me? The Noro at the bottom of the big crate in closet? I'm perfect for that project you have in mind" Well I came a runnin' and swatched and sure enough I agree with it. The Noro is gonna be EZ's Adult Suprise Jacket. Now I know I don't have enough for the jacket but then another yarn came a callin' and I said that it was OK for it to play along as well!

3 comments:

junior_goddess said...

I like the idea of the adult surprise, I am not sure if I physically like the adult surprise. If yours works well, I will make one for MIL.

jayne said...

Mmm...I like the purple stuff too. What is it? I like those buttons a lot. What's in the book? Sheepy jokes?

Unknown said...

The purple stuff is some wonderful alpaca/silk blend yarn which is incredibly soft and lovely. I got the buttons to go on the Noro jacket I'm getting ready to knit and the book is a wonderful book all about mathmatical concepts and knitting. I'm planning on making something from it indeed! Check out their site www.woollythoughts.com