Pages

Monday, September 25, 2006

Katrina

I finished the top I was making with her and just for the record, I didn't cheat on her at all. I may have lusted after Noro but there was no actual cheating. I think that I should be awarded a medal or something. The temptation was definately there.




Details:

I didn't actually make gauge. I was a half a stitch more than I needed when I swatched but that didn't seem to matter, for she is still a tad bit tight. Ray thinks it looks fine. I'm concerned about the curling at the bottom. OH she likes to curl. Did I mention that? I couldn't even block the curling out. I made the size that I would normally make to fit me (Large) but it was a bit too small for my personal comfort. I may make this top again but a bit bigger.

The fabric is thick and lovely and oh so warm next to the skin. I'm glad that I got the amount that I did. I'm thinking that I could use a v-neck t-shirt out of it as well. However this will have to wait as Noro is calling.

7 comments:

junior_goddess said...

Oh very good! That's the turquoise color? Do you actually like the top of the bra shaping?



of course your DH likes it snug. hee hee!

Unknown said...

Bets, Its the color "ocean" its more of a blue but the color didnt come out right on the camera. I actually love the bra shaping. When on its not as dramatic looking as when off.

Bri McS said...

I wondered what you've been working on lately. I think that's a great color- my personal fave of the lots- and a flattering pattern. It'll be a welcome sight after a cold Michigan winter.

jayne said...

How cute! That turned out well, Libby. I'm almost done my Katrina v-neck. Sure is fun to knit, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Libs, that looks great! I'll bet Ray likes it on you. ;-} Vavavoom!

Anonymous said...

That's very pretty. What color is that? I bought the lagoon, accidentally for a mommy snug but I think I like it better than the limon which was my intention to buy. LOL.

dOh!! I was typing all this out and happen to glance of over. The answer is Ocean, very pretty.

LisaW. said...

Libby, beeeee-uuuu--tiful top and it will look great with your blondy/blue eyedness. Will be thinking positive healthy thoughts w/ K's surgery tomorrow. She's a healthy happy lil girl and will do well (but probably will be a bit cranky after she wakes up!) And then mama...watch out cuz that baby'll be talking up a storm. It's amaaaaazing how fast they catch up!