Pages

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Happy Birthday

Yesterday was my birthday! I had a great day. My husband made me a cake, my daughter refused to eat dinner and my brother and sister both called me!

Now lets talk about this here cake. My DH MADE the cake. He went to JoAnn's, bought the checkerboard cake pans, got the mix and on Sunday he made it. It is 3 layers high and put frosting in the middle of it! He then got the special frosting tips to make the pretty lettering and then the pretty ribbon on the side and along the edge of this cake. I'm feeling pretty special right about now.

And he didn't stop there. He ordered me the new knit pick needles AND the Mason-Dixon knitting book! It didn't come in the mail yet but I'm getting excited about it.

All in all, it was a wonderful day!

3 comments:

junior_goddess said...

Oh crap! I didn't have the list at work yesterday. We suck. Gonna go fix that!

B

Bri McS said...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday. DH's homemade cake is a far better effort than I would ever expect to receive on this end. Enjoy every bite!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Your husband did a beautiful job on that cake! Does he cook, or did he have a burst of brilliance? I am so impressed!