Pages

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Day at the Zoo

This weekend we went to the Detroit Zoo. I was looking forward to going all week long. I would get to spend quality time with my baby and husband that didn't involve me cleaning up the house at the same time. Quality time is hard to come by around here. What with work and work and ... did I mention work? Well needless to say I was really excited. I was really hoping that Karolyn would be as well. Not so much. Not so much at all. In fact she cried the entire time. The second we got in the door, when we were eating lunch, seeing ALL of the animals... all six and a half hours of zoo time. I really don't think she shut up until we left the place. Yep, we were THOSE parents. I have to say that I was really glad that we finally stepped foot in the house cuz then the incessant crying stopped! Peace and Quiet. I love that sound! Silence.

Now I know that this is a knitting blog and I have not really been talking about much knitting lately. I have a good reason for that. I have been working on a couple of projects that I can't talk about. Well ONE project that I'm sworn to absolute secrecy to and the other is for a contest. Both projects are now complete and I'm starting another project. I know, I'm cheating on the FI but I'm working with Katrina here. The stuff is soft as a babies butt and wonderful to knit up as well. I'm actually making the pattern that comes with it. I didn't make the swatch match perfectly. I'm off a stitch. Now I do understand that this is in fact a very big deal, but I'm not to worried as this pattern has a negative ease. So the way I see it, its just not gonna be as tight fitting on me and that is OK as far as I'm concerned. I'm also adding a couple of inches in the length as well. So far that is the only changes I'm making. I'm about half way done with the back. I'm hoping to be done soon.

2 comments:

junior_goddess said...

Are you saying Katrina is a good yarn? You are RIGHT-I think the blue is sooo pretty.

Sorry Miss K boo-hoo'd her way past the 'roos. Guess she just wasn't gonna have it yesterday. Too much stuff overwhelmed her, maybe?

B

Bri McS said...

What a funny reaction to the zoo! Most little ones love it and you have to peel them out of there. Maybe she wanted to clean the house yesterday.

You'll get back to the FI sometime soon. It can be your cooler weather pattern.