Pages

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Happy Labor Day!

This weekend is one that I'm looking forward to. We have been invited to go to Morgantown, West Virginia to spend the weekend with DH's aunt and uncle. His sister will be coming in from Florida and his cousin will be home as well. Tonight I have been packing and doing laundry like a mad woman!

Karolyn's packed? Check

Extra pack of diapers? Check

Snacks for the road? Check Check

Toys to keep a toddler occupied for a 7 hour car ride? Check Check

Knitting project all packed and ready? Check Check Check....On second thought I'd better get some sock yarn in there as well.

We got new tires on the car today and Ray changed the oil and checked the fluids yesterday. The car is ready to go! Did I ever tell you about our car? Its like the Energizer Bunny in that it has over 220K miles on it and its still going. Furthermore, we are taking it on a 6-7 hour car drive from Detroit, Michigan to Morgantown, West Virginia this weekend. In addition to that, we are going to drive it from Detroit to Atlanta over Christmas. My husband is a master mechanic and is able to fix anything that goes wrong or even thinks about going wrong on the car. Last week he had to replace the starter and now it works like a charm!

Knitting Reviews

I told you that Ray got me the Knit Picks needles for my birthday but they were still in the mail. Well they came. HOLY GOD IN HEAVEN are these needles to die for! The points are just sharp as ever. The metal finish is smooth as silk and the join. Lets talk about the join. Seamless.... I'm telling you, you will not even know that its there. I swear to God and everything that is good and holy. The cords are slim and flexible. It comes all packeged up in a wonderful case which includes a 6 ring binder and plastic inserts for expanding and adding extra goodies. The binder zips closed so you have a less chance of loosing stuff. The designers really hit the mark on this one. They did a fantastic job. Now I want the knitting travel bags they just came out with! Maybe for Christmas.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a fun, safe holiday! Thanks for the info on the KnitPicks needles! They are next on my list!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the review! I've been SO tempted by them though I have the Boye interchangables. Do you find the needle part sufficiently long? That was the only negative thing that I read on KR, but it was only mentioned by one person. Ray sounds like the perfect man :-), supremely mechanical and not afraid to bake a cake, and a checkerboard one at that. You have a swell, sweet fellow, but then like generally attracts like, so you are both lucky! Take care and have a safe trip.

Bri McS said...

Have a wonderful trip over the long weekend! Ray has you ready to go in car and knitting...what a great guy.

junior_goddess said...

OMG, your blog got SPAMMED! Holy schmoly, I wonder if the "opportunity" is stuffing envelopes or stripping????

The needles sound great, hope you had fun. You have to train your DH NOT to put your age on your birthday cake. I just noticed it. Bwahahahah!