Pages

Friday, November 04, 2011

Another Pembroke Vest


This last week has been quite hectic.  Karolyn came home from school sick, we took her to the Dr. and she was diagnosed with croup and an ear infection.  Needless to say she is currently on antibiotics.  During the course of her being sick and coughing excessively, she had an accident on the couch.  We cleaned the couch with the special carpet cleaner and still the stink remained.  And I can't stress enough how I detest that smell.  So I googled how to clean up that stink and the results said to use a diluted white vinegar on the couch.  And I did just that.  Sprayed those couch cushions so all I could smell was the vinegar.  When my husband came home from work, I could hardly contain myself with excitement about my accomplishment.  To which he responded: "So what you are telling me is that we are full of piss and vinegar!"

Despite the week being hectic, I am proud to present another finished Pembroke Vest. I always have such a feeling of accomplishment when I complete an item no matter what the size. Granted a child's garment is a much different feat than say a man's aran sweater but it is still an accomplishment none the less. Imagine, that vest was but a ball of yarn just a couple of weeks ago and now it is a vest that will keep my nephew warm. I only hope he has as much fun wearing it as I did making it.

The Christmas count is now:

My family:
Ray: socks
Karolyn: personal design
Sydney: personal design

My sisters family:
Mary (my sister): slippers
Alana (niece): personal design
Bryce (nephew): Pembroke Vest = complete
Jacqueline (niece): Clara Dressy = complete

My brother John's family:
Trenton (nephew): Pembroke Vest = complete



No comments: