Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

36 Days



There are 36 days left until Christmas and I only have one sock completed.  I'm feeling the pressure here.  Just sayin'.  I still have to knit 1 more sock for Ray, 2 sweaters for my girls and some slippers for my sister. 

Every year my family has drawn names for Christmas and this year is no exception.  The difficult part is that we all live in a different state.  I live in Michigan, my sister Mary is in Louisiana, my brother Mike is in Nevada, and my other brother John is in Florida and mom and dad are in Idaho.  Like I said, we are all over the country.  So as you can imagine, the drawing of names has its difficulties.  What if the person drawing the names doesn't actually like the way the names were drawn and decides to switch them?  OR decides they don't like the person that they got paired with and just switches their name?  It's been known to happen.  There is no one to police the drawing of the names.  SO to try to make it honest and on the up and up, Mary decided to use an online name drawer.  She said that you just assign each name with a number and the program will tell you who has whom.  This year I have Aaron, my sisters husband. 

To spice things up even more, we decided to make the gifts we are giving.  Yep you read that right, we are making the gifts not buying but making.  And I'm not finished with the already Revised Christmas List.  What's a girl to do?  I can't very well revise the list again and I have to make something or I'm gonna be that person that didn't make something.  I'm gonna have to do some serious thinking about what Aaron will just love.  I'm guessing that gluing Popsicle sticks together and calling it a napkin holder is out of the question.  LOL

No comments: