Pages

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Jean's Project

I want to thank everyone for their prayers and thoughts when Karolyn was sick. I greatly appreciate it. She got better a couple of days later and has been back to her ol' self!!! I'm loving it!

Jean announced that she was having a blog contest and is giving away presents. The cause you ask? The homeless in NYC. Turns out there is this soup truck that drives around passing out a meal to the homeless. Well Jean figured if they passed out a meal they might be willing to pass out a bit more. So she contacted them and they said they would pass out some hats along with the meal! Of course they also thought it was a great idea and agreed to pass out the hats. How cool is that! A knitted hat to keep some person warm this winter.

Well I was knitting a hat anyway, "Thorpe" by Kristen Kapur, and I figured I wasn't really in need of it and besides I can knit another one if I wanted to so I decided to send this hat to Jean.



The pattern was very easy to follow and the finished hat is super cute! Because I didn't have any Malabrigio laying around, I substituted some Elann.com Highland Wool that I doubled. I ended up using just 2 balls which is a fantastic way to use up your extra balls left over from a previous project.

Thanks Jean for having the hat drive and I'll get that in the mail to you this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the support, Libbykins. :-)
Dan and I actually are going out on the soup vans with them to pass out the hats. Hopefully on the 19th but I'm still waiting to hear back.