Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tank Top?

I love the length that I added. Its just perfect and no one gets the pleasure of seeing my tummy!

BUT, I don't really like how the armholes curl inward so I decided to add some sleeves. So instead of a summer tank top, I'm gonna have a summer t-shirt. Just for the record, I'm down to a ball and a half.

With this kind of pressure, I decided to knit the sleeves from the top down. I read about this in a book and am assured that it works. Basically you pick up stitches at the top of the armhole and work your way down, picking up a stitch on either side of the armhole.



This is the first time that I have ever done this and I really like it. The advantage is that there is no sleeve to sew in once its all said and done because its already knitted in!



I gotta say, I am really liking how this top is turning out. And whats even better is that its all mine. My very own creation which started from just an idea in my head! Not from a pattern out of a magazine that you have to read every line and knit 25 rows before you do the armhole shaping. None of the knit 20 stitches, cast off the middle 15 sts and knit the rest of the 15 sts with a separate ball of yarn. NONE. Its all just free form. Now THIS is knitting. And its so very liberating. I thought I wanted a tank top and now I'm adding sleeves that I'm not sure if I have enough yarn for. How crazy is that?

2 comments:

junior_goddess said...

Careful, Lib, you are gonna pick up my impromptu methods. This is generally dangerous!

LisaW. said...

you go girl! dangerous fearless knitter! whoohooo...go libster go libster itsya birthday itsya birthday! (iknow its not really your birthday i was just being enthusiastic!) can't wait to see the end of the story!