Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Sayings

I'm starting to sound like my mom. A thought that completely scares me because I always said that I wasn't going to be like her when I grew up and here I am JUST like her.

She would always say the same things to us kids:

"You kids are gonna be the death of me"

"I'm gonna trade you in for a fifth of whisky" Which was always followed by "You're so ornery I don't think I can get that much for you"

"Put a lid on it"

I’m saying these lines so much that my husband is picking them up! LOL

We have a large amount of toys and one would think that its enough to entertain a 9 month old. Apparently not. Sydney decided that her toys aren’t good enough for her and wanted to play with daddy’s toys. So she crawled over to the entertainment center and get into daddy's computer CD's. Bats them off the shelf with her little paws and almost gets to eat them before I get over there to tell pull her away. Karolyn is right behind her saying "Sydney makin mess mom, Sydney makin a mess"

Then I go downstairs to do some much needed laundry. Before I know it, I hear this very loud and very scary CRASH. No one is crying which is a good thing. I drop everything and run up the stairs to see if anyone is hurt. There is Syd next to the plant stand, the plant and dirt all over my freshly washed floor. Karolyn is pointing to her sister "Sydney makin mess mom, Sydney makin a mess. OH NO Sydney trouble."

I get that cleaned up and decide to check my email when I hear another crash followed by a crying baby. I get up and find that Sydney managed to pull the very overflowing kitchen garbage can on top of her. I scoop her up and check to make sure she's OK and comfort her all at the same time when I hear. "Sydney makin mess mom, Sydney makin a mess."

You kids are gonna be the death of me.

Sydney, I'm gonna trade you in for a fifth of whisky, in fact you're so ornery I don't think I can get that much for you.

And Karolyn, put a lid on it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You crack me up, Lib!

Marta