Pages

Friday, September 07, 2007

The Big Yellow Bus

Tuesday was the first day of pre-preschool.


We got all dressed, put on her backpack (please notice the home made Elmo sticker on the back). OK I'll tell you the story. Teacher said that we needed a backpack and being out of the loop on the back to school shopping, we didn't get one back in June like everyone else that is in the loop.


This being the case, we missed out on the Elmo backpacks. In fact, there really wasn't much of a selection by the time we went backpack shopping. Now would be a good time to mention the fact that I promised to produce an Elmo backpack. This is the last time that I promise something before I know if I can deliver.


All hell broke loose of course and I sent DH to the store to no avail. He had a great idea of making our own Elmo backpack. He looked up an Elmo picture, printed it out on sticker paper, cut it to size and stuck it on the backpack!



Teacher told me it took them 45 minutes to get the backpack off of her. She had a great day and loves going to school!

6 comments:

Robin said...

that is so great, and TOTALLY one-of-a-kind!

LisaW. said...

your post just warmed my heart through and through! now you are officially the mom that can do ANYTHING...even produce an elmo backpack out of thin air!

Anonymous said...

She is too cute. The elmo backpack is awesome. Such creative parents...

Anonymous said...

What a big girl! I love DH's idea and how well it worked. Bri

Anonymous said...

She goes to school on a BUS? Oh my gosh!!!!! (Did you cry?)

SooZ said...

Awwww, what a darling post. I have been a regular reader here and am always charmed by your lovely girls. Brings me back in time.. my two girls are 18 and nearing 15.