Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Knitting Daily

Have y'all been reading Knitting Daily? Why not? Honestly I'm really enjoying it. Currently they are doing a series on how to properly measure yourself. What an eye opener this has been. It explains where to place the tape measure and why you are measuring that body part and what all the fuss is about in the first place. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only person on the planet that has been doing it wrong all these years.

Come to think of it, why would I know how to properly take a measurement. I've certainly not had any formal training on this topic of conversation. Its not like anyone said "Yo genius, measure your chest size without any clothes on" Or "idiot, when they say chest size, they are referring to the fullest part of your chest, not your bra size." I can easily see where the confusion comes from. And to be completely honest with you, I'm actually scared to take the tape measure around the fullest part of my ass. I mean, what if it doesn't fit all the way around? Then I have to admit to things that I'm really not quite ready to admit to just yet. Things like "I really should have not had that candy bar even though my sanity required it" or "Belly? what belly? that isn't mentioned in polite conversation" (I keep forgetting that we don't have polite conversation in my house)

I guess that all of these measurements are very important when trying to get a great fitting garment. Especially when that great fitting garment is custom knitted just for me. Now I just have to get the courage to start taking measurements. Its like stepping on the scale, I need to ease myself into it. Luckily I know some of these figures already, so the shock will not be so great!

2 comments:

junior_goddess said...

I'm starting a new exercise regime. It required measurements. One of the girls here helped me. That was a shocker. Then I realized that no, she didn't even know how to read a tape measure. All the same, those measurements WILL improve. Or I will go bananas.

Anonymous said...

When you are ready, you'll get those measurements. I had a frantic moment when watching my every day staple, Good MOrning America, when they were talking about waist circumference, some condition, and death. I thought I was way, way bigger than I am, and a quick moment with the tape measure stopped my mental death clock. Between that moment and when I got set straight by the boobologist about The Girls, the numbers have become... well..numbers, not some sort of referendum on size or shape. You will get there, & I've seen you. Sans baby the tape measure will go the whole way around!!! Bri