Pages

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Knitting into the Mystery

I want to thank everyone for their warm wishes and congratulations on the new baby. It means alot to me. Thank You!

Like lots of people, I'm always up for a good mystery. It goes without saying that there are a great many mystery authors but mystery knitters? Well I must say that Melanie is knitting herself into this position. She is the author of the Mystery Knitting series. Currently we are on Mystery Stole 3!

I got suckered in by the intrigue and suspense of the whole thing during Mystery Shawl 1 and 2, so when I heard about Mystery Stole 3 I signed up right away. And it was a good thing that I did because I just about missed the cutoff date.

Not wanting to go and get more yarn, I decided to raid the stash. I found some Elann.com Super Kydd. Its a lace weight mohair and nylon blend. I have never knit with such a fine yarn before so this is a challenge. Luckily I have my Knit Picks Option needles (I'm using US4) and the pointy tips are coming in quite handy. I got some glass size 6 seed beads at JoAnn's in a milky blue color.

We are in week 4 of the clues and I'm still plugging away at clue 1. I am almost done with chart 2 of clue one but its still clue 1. I was hoping to catch up this weekend. I got sidetracked with birthing babies and nursing and making sure the 2 yr old feels important.

I've decided to not post pictures of my stole progress because I want to preserve the integrity of the mystery. Ok lets just face it, its one more picture I have to take and I'm the lazy sort! So you will see a picture when its all said and done.

6 comments:

benne said...

Libby, you amaze me! Here you are with two little ones and you're knitting with a fine yarn and beads. I like your bead choice, they will be beautiful on your lace. Have fun, and kiss those babies for me.

junior_goddess said...

I'm impressed. I've knit with SKydd on itty bitty needles, and I know it's quite a feat.

Jenny said...

Libby, your girls are so beautiful! And that last sweater is very impressive... an inspiration to try steeks.

LisaW. said...

ambitious new mom....knitting that SKydd...with invisible tiny needles and beads...and a mystery shawl...and sleep deprivation....teeheee...only you could do it kiddo!

Joan said...

No matter how slow you move MS3, I will be there behind you. Haven't cast on yet..LOL.

Your girls are so beautiful, Lib!

I used Super Kydd with the KPO's and it worked fine.

SooZ said...

How is the Super Kydd? Everyone seems to have it. I'm in disbelief you can multitask as you do.

I'm enjoying reading your blog. Your girls are darlings.

Keep well.