Pages

Monday, May 14, 2007

The Perfect Weekend

My perfect weekend started Friday evening when Ray and Karolyn came home. Usually they get home before I do but I took a half hour lunch and beat them home. Coming home is my favorite part of the day. My little girl runs to the front door saying "ommy" "ommy." It melts my heart. This Friday however was full of surprises. Ray came home with a huge bouquet of roses!



He was also carrying a white grocery bag full of stuff. The "stuff" almost made me cry. Karolyn made me mother's day presents!



She painted a mug that says "I 'heart' U" with a flower planted inside. I promptly put this on the top shelf of the plant rack located in the dining room. Then I pulled out a heart that had tissue paper glued to it with the letters "#1 MOM" written on it! Of course that got its due respect directly next to the plant. I showed Karolyn her plant that she made and she was all excited that it was next to the other plants in the kitchen!



On Sunday, I felt like a the luckiest person in the world!

5 comments:

Having a Knit Fitt said...

Awww! What sweetie pies.
Cate

Joan said...

Yay Lib! The best moments are always the simplest. You made some great scores in the gifts dept too.

jayne said...

Oh very cool to have a child at the age to start making you those mothers day gifts. You'll need a box to start saving the treasures in. Very dear!

Jennifer said...

How sweet.... you are a very lucky mom!

LisaW. said...

oh so sweet! I love those "kid" gifts. they're the best! and your DH brought you roses...sweet romantic husbeast that he is...good going!

re the Kiri....i'll show her off as soon as she gets here! from experience, it seems to take about 2 weeks for Canada/Alaska transit time so i expect her in the next week sometime.....i'm as excited about it as you are...if not more so!