Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Knit Simple

I got my Knit Simple magazine this week and I actually like it. This suprises me mostly because I have not been pleased with what the magazines have been publishing lately.

I didn't actually read all of the articles, but they looked interresting. There is an article on knitting and riding, one on reading crochet chart patterns, and one entitled "The Good Stuff." I'm assuming that it is about good yarn but again I didn't read it.


The patterns are all about fun in the sun. Definately geared toward summer! Some are cute and some are not so cute. I really liked this pattern and I'm considering making it out of some Katrina I have marinating in the stash. I was looking at the pattern and am thinking of adapting it to be knitted in the round to the gauge I get with my yarn.



I really liked this cover up! I have a couple of yarns in the stash that I'm thinking would like to become this. There is the Kroy Patons (superwash sock yarn) or the alpaca yarn from the Idaho Alpaca farm. And lets not forget the Sea Silk from Benne. However I do have special plans for the Sea Silk so I'm thinking its out of the runnings for this competition.



There is a section on knitting for your guy which I could have done without. It was quite horrific and I could not imagine Ray ever wearing any of these items. Ever.


Then there is the baby section. Now I'm really partial to baby stuff as I'm pregnant so naturally I found all of the items to be adorable. The booties were especially darling as were the toys. I have added the booties to the list of required knitting for the new baby.

All in all, I think its a good issue!!

4 comments:

jayne said...

I really like that yellow tank. Good issue.

I bought the most recent VK Knit 1. I usually hate that mag, but there were some very cute summery items and NOT knitted with Lion Brand.

Grace said...

i can't wait to do the shawl, I too love the issue

Anonymous said...

I looked this up on your rec and now have it. I agree, there is no way I could get DH into those sweaters. Not even if I wanted to try. You have to wonder sometimes just who these editors date. And I have to go do some math. That tank may be the answer to a current burning dilemma...

Anonymous said...

Libs,
Thanks for previewing the mag. I've not had a chance to see it and probably wouldn't have looked at it, given my love-hate relationship with it. That top would be great in Katrina. bri