Pages

Monday, March 12, 2007

The Devil Made Me Do It

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

If you go and take a look at the side bar, the stash has been enhansed by 25 balls. I just couldn't resist on the Louisa Harding Kashmir offered at Elann a week ago. I didn't actually take it out and play because it was in the original factory sealed bag and I didn't want to mess with that. However, that is not to say that I didn't get a good touch of it. I stuck my finger in one of the holes and experienced pure luxury. This stuff is to die for soft! I was truely tempted to rip that bag open and fondle all of that yummy yarn right then and there but I knew if I did the baby blanket would never get done. I need to be nominated for sainthood for showing such restraint. In addition to the Kashmir, I got my beloved Highland Wool in natural.

The knitting library has been enhansed as well. I ordered "Knitting Without Tears" by EZ and "Knitting from the Top" by BW. Both are books I have been wanting for quite some time now and am quite glad I splurged.

Elizabeth's book is the last book I needed to finish my collection of her books. I'm so glad I got it as it is chalk full of her wonderful prose and great phrases. She just gives such freedom to knitting that no stitch-by-stitch pattern can provide.

Barbara's book is without a doubt simply genious. She is knitting all types of clothing from the top down. Although I have made several raglan garments from the top down, I read through this section first. Mostly because Barbara told me to. Now I'm not very prone to being obedient, just ask my husband, but when Barbara says jump I'm asking how high. This section completely explains the math behind all sorts of raglan type sweaters. Amazing. Next is the secion on set-in-sleeve sweaters from the top down. I'm anxious to see how she masters it.

5 comments:

Suzann said...

Instead of pickles you got soft soft yarn. I too have been dipping into the beloved HW pot.

smariek said...

Nice. What colors of the Kashmir did you get? They don't look pastely. I decided not to get it because they were too light or pastel for me (except for the black).

Unknown said...

I got black.

smariek said...

Ah... it makes sense now. lol. I was thinking one was black, but the other was a dark green. Must've been my tired eyes last night playing tricks on me. They both look black now.

junior_goddess said...

Pretty good discipline not opening the bag!!!