Pages

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Getting Sidetracked


When I was in Idaho this May, I visited an Alpaca farm which just happened to sell yarn. How can you NOT sell yarn when you own an alpaca farm? That would just be sinful...Luckily for me they did indeed sell their yarn. OHMYGOD what a scrumptious luxury! This stuff is just sooooo incredibly soft that I could just roll around in it forever. I keep rubbing it all over my face and neck just to bathe in the softness of virgin alpaca. What a great treat this is. Well this little luxury has been eating a hole in my stash...just quietly waiting for me to say..."OK its your turn to be knitted into something lovely" Well it has been talking to me very directly lately and I'm under the impression that it is starting to feel left out. I certainly don't understand this as there are yarns in the stash that have been there MUCH longer than this lovely alpaca has...Now I understand that this is a high quality yarn but to be fair to everyone else it should wait its turn right? Well I just can't stand it anymore. I must knit up this stuff.


I only have 3 skeins of this color. The yardage was not listed on the band however the weight was. I figure that I have enough for a shawl or a stole.

This leads me to my next dilema:

1) I can either knit something that someone else has already designed and published and worked out the kinks of. OR

2)I can design my own.

I'm gonna go for #2. Mostly cuz I'm up for a challenge and I want something that no one else has. EVER. And because I'm crazy. Did I mention that I'm crazy?

Well I'll be off to consult with Barbara and I'll be telling you how this starts to take shape. If you have any suggestions I'm all ears.


I'm still trudging along on the Fair Isle (FI). I'm working on the main body now and there is something like 300+ sts per round. 300 That is an awful lot of sts. I think that I clocked about 15 minutes per round so the knitting is slow on this but I'm determined to finish it sometime soon. Needless to say I'm getting sidetracked.

1 comment:

junior_goddess said...

'Paca Pervert! Sheesh, some people! Hey, I picked up some multi-colored yarn that just MIGHT go well with your alpaca...but it's not here yet. I'm anxious to see what you come up with!