Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

Sans Souci

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We sure did. This year I made the turkey with a rub instead of injecting it with a butter sauce. It was wonderful. Of course we have tons of left overs which has become Turkey and Cranberry Ravioli, Turkey Pot Pies, and turkey chili.  The rest I will turn into lunch meat. 
Black Friday shopping was quite successful if I do say so myself! While the majority of Michiganders were standing in freezing weather waiting for the stores to open, I was inside staying warm and cozy clicking away at my computer. Click, click, click, eat my pumpkin pie. Heaven! All of my shopping is complete with the exception of my husbands big item which I will pick up at the store as soon as the crowds have desipated.

Yesterday Ray went diving.  It has been the longest time sense he has been diving with his buds and I'm glad that he was able to go today.  He dove off of Harsons Island near Sans Suchi and the weather here was not the best of conditions.  It was raining all day and that means that there will be next to no visibility.  Imagine being under water with a tank of air strapped to your back, knowing that is your only life support system, and being able to see about 5 inches in front of you.  You can't see your computer, if you are lucky enough to have one.  You can't see your dive buddy, you just trust he is there.  You can't see your air pressure gauges, you just guesstimate how long you have been under water and just guesstimate how much air you have consumed.  Basically you are blind under water.  You have to be a very confident diver, know every aspect of your diving style, know all of your gear, and plan for the worst case scenario.  Heaven forbid.

Naturally Ray took his goody bag with him.  He told me of all of the cool things he managed to see and dig up and put into the goody bag.  Old beer bottles, beer cans, an old rusted out garbage can lid under the bottles and cans.  Its appears that someone actually dumped a garbage can full of beer cans and lids into the river.  Then as he was ascending to the surface his goody bag gave way and he lost all of his loot.  Which totally sucks because I have no picture to share.  Such is the life of a Michigan Diver!


No comments: