Pages

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Two Eyes Really ARE Better Than One

Feedback is wonderful. I totally love it. Hearing from people that I may or may not have met and having them tell me what they do or don't like about my patterns/ blog.

Today I received a wonderful email from a lady asking about the Garmisch hat listed in the side bar. It seems that she was having some trouble understanding what it was that I was trying to relay via charts and patterns. First she tells me that there seems to be a problem with the ribbing chart and then asks if it is correct that in chart 2 rows 8 and 16 that both cables supposed to be crossing in the same direction.

Well the first thing I did was pull up the pattern as posted on the website, and wouldn't ya know it, she was completely correct. There sure does appear that I messed up the chart for the large sizing. Of course the first thing I did was email to let her know she was correct. The second thing I did you ask? Well I fixed it!

As far as her second question was concerned, the cables are indeed supposed to be crossing in the same direction.

She emailed me back again to ask about the hat shaping and how she is supposed to go about decreasing the stitches. Again I re-read the pattern. It turns out that I did mention on how to decrease the top portion in the beginning but fail to mention it in the part of the pattern that deals with that very thing. So naturally I had to add some clarification under the charts that deal with decreasing.

The revised pattern is now available on the side bar with the corrections.

Thanks Constance for the sharp eye and for letting me know about the issues I was having! I greatly appreciate all the feedback I get so if you see something that is just not quite right, let me know and I'll see what I can do about it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I finally finished the hat (and, yes, I made a mistake in one cable that I happen to notice and perhaps others won't).

However, since our discussion via e-mail, I understood what you were saying about the decreases, and I marked the rows accordingly on my chart (with the ssk and k2tog symbols), and then was able to finish.

It was my first attempt at knitting on two circulars, and so many cables, so I'm delighted with the results. Thanks again.

Constance

smariek said...

Cool! I'll have to re-download it again. It's still on my "to knit" list. I'm still working up to being comfortable with knitting directly from chart.

junior_goddess said...

I think the hat looks great. Nice that you have help. ;-)