Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Green

In honor of St. Patty's Day, I'm going to host a contest. Up for grabs is one of Stephanie's' books as well as a little something else that I think you will enjoy!

How do you play you ask? Well the rules are quite simple. Leave me a comment and your name will be placed in a bucket with everyone else that left a comment. Karolyn will pick the winning name. Winners will be announced on the day of the wearing of the green!

Knitting News

I have finished the second strip for the baby blanket border. I just have 2 more flying geese strips to go and I can knit up the corner blocks and sew it all together. I'm getting nervous as this border sure is taking quite a bit of time. And did you see the counter at the top? Time's a ticking!!! I better hurry up or this kid won't have a blankie.

Do we have a name for the baby yet? Nope, not yet. However I have been informed that names based on fruits, vegetables and values are most definitely out. I'll keep you posted on other name groups that have been eliminated.

Home Front News

Karolyn is sick. She woke up this morning with at 101F fever. Ray stayed home with her today and took her to the Dr. He said that she has what every other kid in the area has as well as a sore throat for which he prescribed antibiotics. He also said that one of her ear tubes is working its way out but not to be concerned about it.

9 comments:

CatBookMom said...

OK, I'm the first commenter. What a lot of lovely names there are for girls - how do parents decide? If I'd ever had a little girl, I think she would have been named Elizabeth. My maternal grandmother's name, but Elizabeth has so many short forms.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear little K is sick, poor baby. Like CBM, I have always loved the name "Elizabeth." When I named my daughter "Nicole" no one was using that name, then in a few years it seemed everyone was naming their daughter that or some silly respelling of it. My middle name is Faye. Hint, hint!

Don't worry, you'll have that blankie finished, you're a quick knitter.

sk said...

I am waiting patiently for you to announce the baby's name. Hope your little girl is getting better. SK

jayne said...

Being half Irish, I ought to know when St. Paddy's day is, but I was totally scratching my head. Then I cheated and looked on the calendar.

So here I am to enter your goodie-draw.

I hope K feels better soon.

Anonymous said...

Libby,
Poor K. getting what's going around. I hope you and DH don't end up with it. If it's warm enough, open the windows. It's what I used to do every morning I taught toddlers with runny noses.

You'll finish that blanket and find a proper name for the baby. I'm partial to gothic, deeply Southern names. It's pretty silly.

bri

Grace said...

i am rather partial to the name Grace---my grandmother's name but even at my old age if I could name another little girl it would be Kes, The name of a woman on star trek voyager It would keep the K's going on in your little family! Hope Karolyn is feeling better

Anonymous said...

Karolyn is sick again? Same in our house. The minute one of us is better, another of us brings home something yucky.

Anonymous said...

Betsy Faye Jr.

HAHAHAHAHA

LisaW. said...

I'm really an Elisabeth...but everyone calls me Lisa...then of course you have beth, betsy, bess..liz..my other grandma's name was LynnieBelle so that just won't do...Olivia? Kjell? anything but Nevaeh please! (too many of those recently...heaven backwards...) it will be perfect no matter what! sorry little karo is sick...hate that sick kid stuff...and i cannot wait to see your finished blankie! wow it will be such an heirloom.