Pages

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

This is what I was sooooo incredibly giddy about a couple of posts ago. Which was almost 3 weeks ago. I saw that and about had a heart attack. How neglectful of me. Not telling you how I'm doing and all. Well being the geniouses that you are, you should be able to figure out that I'm crazy busy, what with being a full time mom, wife, personal accountant, CEO of the household, maid (I prefer cleaning technician), chef, personal nurse, and I work full time as well. I even make myself tired. OH YEA, and I'm a published designer!

That picure is my design. Thats right I designed it! You can find it here . Its knit in Devon, a new yarn by Elann and let me tell you its absolutely wonderful. I got a little white box full of it the other day. This stuff is incredibly soft and wonderful. I'm gonna make a shrug. I think that it will be warm enough and still stylish by the time that I'm done with it. Keeping those fingers crossed of course.

Fair Isle Update

Can you believe it? I'm thinking that looks like at least 10 inches! I didnt measure it as I'm thinking I would get depressed knowing that I'm not as far along as I want to be. I need at least 24 inches in length and I might go to 26 inches. Which means that I still have a lot of knitting to get done. I am determined to get this out of the basket and to the recepient soon. (At least by Christmas time)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Libby, your shawl is beautiful! Congratulations! And I love your Fair Isle sweater. Did you learn directly from the book? For the last couple of years, Threadbear in Lansing has been arranging a bus trip to Philosophers Wool in Ontario. I haven't been there, but I would love to have the book. Anyway, great job on both!

Bri McS said...

Your shawl is so cool. Congrats, again!

We'll be fair isling through the fall together if that makes you feel any better!

junior_goddess said...

I am mailing you your yarn snack this weekend! You'll have ANOTHER FI on deck. I am considering a FI....which is kinda normal for me, because I never have ENOUGH of a particular color!

B